The only authorized textbook for the Cisco Networking Academy Program
The CCNA 3 and 4 Companion Guide contains the information from the online curriculum with additional in-depth content to enhance your understanding of some topics plus supplemental aids to assist in studying:
- Begins with a review chapter on the OSI Reference Model and routing
- Chapter Objectives and Summaries provide references to the concepts covered for focused study on key topics
- Extensive Glossary lists all the key terms and definitions in one place
- Throughout this book, you see references to the lab activities found in the course and the Cisco Networking Academy Program CCNA 3 and 4 Lab Companion, Third Edition. These labs allow you to make a connection between theory and practice.
- Plus seven bonus chapters on advanced material and key certification exam reviews
Cisco Networking Academy Program CCNA 3 and 4 Companion Guide, Third Edition, is the Cisco approved textbook that supplements version 3.x of the CCNA 3 and 4 online curriculum of the Cisco Networking Academy Program. The topics covered in this course and Companion Guide provide you with the necessary knowledge to further prepare for CCNA certification and to enter the field of network administration. CCNA 3 and 4 introduce you to the design, configuration, and maintenance of:
- Switches and intermediate routing
- Local-area networks (LANs)
- Virtual local-area networks (VLANs)
- Wide-area networks (WANs)
- Internetwork Package Exchange (IPX) routing
- Enhanced Interior Gateway Protocol (EIGRP)
- Network troubleshooting
- Integrated Services Data Network (ISDN)
- Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP)
- Frame Relay
Use this Companion Guide as a portable desk reference to access this information for reference, study, and review at any time.
Cisco Press is a collaboration between Cisco Systems, Inc., and Pearson Education that is charged with developing high-quality, cutting-edge educational and reference products for the networking industry. The products in the Cisco Networking Academy Program series are designed to prepare students for careers in the exciting networking field. These products have proven to be strong supplements to the web-based curriculum and are the only print companions that have been reviewed and endorsed by Cisco Systems for Cisco Networking Academy Program use.
The CD-ROM contains 25 e-Lab Activities, 500 Practice Exam questions in an interactive Test Engine, 10 hi-res PhotoZooms Activities, and 25 Video Demonstrations to reinforce topics and enhance your overall learning experience.
This book is part of the Cisco Networking Academy Program series from Cisco Press. The products in this series support and complement the Cisco Networking Academy.